- Ceramic tumbling medias are generally for steel, stainless and harder part materials.
- Plastic media generally for the softer metals, copper, aluminum and pre-plating.
- The longer the stone size and individual weight the faster with deburring, but the part appearance will look rough or not pretty
- The smaller the stone size and individual weight the longer with deburring/edge break, but part surface appearance is even and fine (beautiful).
- Run machinery at capacity to 90% even if only a few parts. Achieves a better finish faster.
- Media needs to be dressed or clean to performance. Once glazed over cycle times increase along with parts not looking as good.
- Do not mix acid compounds with any alkaline compounds, this may cause hazardous pressures and gases.
- Always rinse rumbling media residue from parts immediately after the process, Soak or keep wet till you can clean or rinse properly. Once the residue dries on it it very difficult to get off. Sub-micron in size. This will cause peeling-flaking no adhesion for a post operation.