Baking Soda Blasting Systems
- Aluminum Parts.
- Gear Boxes.
- Sub Assemblies.
- Wheels and Brakes.
- NDT test cleaning.
Successful MRO applications Include:
- Cleaning and descaling engine and landing gear components.
- Composite etching.
- Stripping coatings.
- Preparation for bonding.
Benefits of baking soda blasting systems:
- No pitting, peening or crack closure.
- Rinse parts clean.
- Superior flowability.
- Easier disposal.
Why Purchase a BAKING SODA BLASTING SYSTEM?
- Dust-free operation.
- Wet parts with oil or grease can be processed without a prior wash step.
- 1/4-lb.-per-minute consumption vs. 1-lb.-per-minute with a dry process. This is approximately 25% of the traditional consumption in a dry system.
- Able to run traditional round and angular abrasives.
- Superior ability to descale and clean, etch composites and shot peen.
Case Study: FAA Certified Repair Station
- Application overview: Remove polyurethane paint from magnesium part without removing chromate conversion coating and without damage to part.
- Process: ARMEX Maintenance Formula XL at 30 psi in contained cabinet system.
- Results: Successfully replaced hazardous chemical process, reduced cleaning time by 50% per part. Eliminated unnecessary costs of chromate recoat. Provided a cleaner, safer working environment. Eliminated hazardous waste disposal cost.
“We’re saving money, time and cutting hazardous waste.”